American Idol Season 5 Trivia Game – Part 4
American Idol Season 5 Trivia – Remember your favorite Idols and catch up with current news from the talent.
Five new multiple choice questions will be posted each day from Sunday, June 26 through Wednesday, June 29. Answers will be provided for the previous day’s questions at the same time each new question set is posted. Come back to this post on Thursday evening, June 30 for answers to the following questions.
Elliott Yamin had a worldwide hit with “Wait for You”, the first single released from his 2007 self-titled debut album.
The American Idol Season 5 contestant has since found a receptive audience for his smooth, soulful sound overseas.
His most recent album, “Gather Round”, was produced specifically for his fans in what country?
17. The 2006 American Idols LIVE tour included 59 concert dates and grossed 35.2 million dollars. From July through September, the Idols played to enthusiastic crowds across the country, led by winner Taylor Hicks and including popular contestants Chris Daughtry, Elliott Yamin, Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler, among others.
Overall, what percentage of available seats was sold for the tour?
18. Taylor Hicks reportedly purchased the purple Dolce & Gabbana jacket that he wore in the American Idol season finals at the Los Angeles store ‘Traffic’. Trying on the jacket, Taylor is said to have exclaimed, “I feel it”, and the choice resonated with the television audience as well.
The jacket was worn twice, on the Idol finale and then again on the Idols Live tour, before finding a home at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.
Name the songs the Idol winner performed while wearing the famous purple jacket!
a. Levon, Trouble
b. Levon, Jailhouse Rock
c. Living for the City, Jailhouse Rock
d. Living for the City, Seven Mile Breakdown
Pictured above are Carrie Underwood and the top 12 contestants during the American Idol Season 5 finale. The song that the group performed live on the Idol stage that night was written by one of the show’s celebrity mentors. That mentor/songwriter famously admired Taylor Hicks’ “whiskey tenor” vocals.
Name the songwriter. Is it:
a. Stevie Wonder
b. Barry Manilow
c. Rod Stewart
d. Kenny Rogers
20. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
The singer/songwriter and Broadway actor has taken on a new role. American Idol Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks is now a restaurateur as well.
Located in Birmingham, Alabama, “ORE” is an upscale neighborhood bar and grill. The restaurant is named for the iron ore that formed the basis of the city’s iron-steel industry.
Taylor Hicks is not the only singer to venture into the restaurant business. Which of the following singers also owns a restaurant?
a. Julian Lennon
b. Justin Timberlake
c. Sean “Diddy” Combs
d. All of the above
Thank you for playing AI Season 5 Trivia!
THE ANSWERS REVEALED:
19. b The song was “I Made It through the Rain”
20. d Here’s a nice blog on musician owned restaurants: http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2010/03/musician-owned-restaurants-were-dying-to-try.html