American Idol Season 5 Trivia Game – Part 2
American Idol Season 5 Trivia – Remember your favorite Idols and catch up with current news from the talent.
Five new multiple choice questions will be posted each day from Sunday, June 26 through Wednesday, June 29. Answers will be provided for the previous day’s questions at the same time each new question set is posted. Come back to this post on Tuesday evening, June 28 for answers to the following questions.
6. She didn’t fit the mold for an American Idol. Her figure was plus size, but then so was her voice. Mandisa has had a highly successful post Idol music career, twice scoring Grammy nominations for Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album of the Year (2008 &2010).
She has also written a book that chronicles her experience on American Idol, and discusses her faith and her figure. What is the NAME of Mandisa’s book?
a. Life Is Not a Fairy Tale
c. Heart Full of Soul
d. Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life
7. American Idol Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks released his eponymous debut album on December 12, 2006. The album opened at #2 on the Billboard charts and was certified platinum.
Of the 12 songs on the album, Taylor has said that one in particular “means a whole lot to me”. That song tells the story of “who I am and what I do”.
Name the song. Is it:
a. Gonna Move
b. Wherever I Lay My Hat
c. The Deal
d. Soul Thing
8. She was only 17 when she appeared on American Idol, but she’s all grown up now! Like her mother and grandmother before her, Paris Bennett is pursuing a career in both music and theater. AND she can dance!
Name this Idol’s Grammy award winning grandmother:
a. Ann Nesby
b. Jamecia Bennett
c. Patti LaBelle
d. Anita Baker
9. In the wake of tornadoes that devastated large areas of the midwest and south in spring 2011, American Idol Season 5 contestants stepped up, donating their services to raise money and support for victims of the storms. Benefit concerts included which of the following Idols?
a. Kellie Pickler
b. Taylor Hicks
c. Paris Bennett
d. All of the above
10. American Idol Season 5 finalist Bucky Covington knows what it’s like to break into the country music business from the platform of the reality television show. What advice did he have for this year’s winner, Scotty McCreery?
a. Get right in the center of that hotdog! (microphone)
b. Learn each person’s job within the music business, and take your time making big decisions.
c. Ground yourself. Stop and ask yourself, “Who am I apart from the music? Who am I apart from the screaming fans?”
d. You don’t want people that set you up for them to make a quick buck. You want people that will set you up for a career…..
Thank you for playing AI Season 5 Trivia, Part 2!
THE ANSWERS REVEALED:
6. b Mandisa’s book is titled “IDOLeyes”
7. d Soul Thing
8. a Ann Nesby Ms. Nesby was the lead singer for the Sounds of Blackness, winning two Grammys in 1991 and 1993, respectively.
9. d All of the above; as a group the Season 5 Idols have been both caring and charitable.
10. b is the correct answer
Answer “a” was Lady Gaga’s advice to Scotty McCreery; please reference the video below.
Answer “c” was Danny Gokey’s advice to Scotty.
Answer “d” was advice from Josh Gracin.